Petite Bourgogne

Petite Bourgogne

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back in the land of winter

My last winter in Ontario was the winter when Toronto called out the military to help remove the snow. It was then that I made the decision to move to California and escape winter altogether. Over eight years later, I find myself back in the land of winter. My second day in Montreal the city was hit with a snowstorm compared to the one when Toronto called out the military! For a girl who is not a big fan of winter, it does seem to follow me everywhere I go. I braved the storm to go out and buy a new winter coat.

Inspired by friends who started blogs when they moved to a new part of the world, I thought I would do the same. The only personal writing I've done in the past five years has been Christmas cards to older friends and relatives on the other side of the digital divide. Writing this blog on, I hope, a somewhat regular basis will get me doing something I enjoy (writing) and sharing my new Montreal and single life experiences with my friends and family. I expect some posts will be long, some will be short, and I'll include photos once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment